Monday 20 February 2012

Great old British TV shows – Part IV


Monarch of the Glen – 2000 – 2005.  Always good to watch a sexy man in a kilt.  Susan Hampshire as Archie’s mother is a delight.  A very engaging gentle series.


My Family – 2000-2011.  Ben Harper the grumpy dentist, his ditzy wife Susan and strange family.  Good comedic timing although the plot lines in the later seasons go a bit ott for me.


My Hero – 2000-2007.  Wacky series.  Very funny.  A silly premise carried off by good acting.


Open All Hours - 1976-1985 – a bit of Ronnie Barker supported by David Jason.  Truly timeless comedy.


Porridge – 1974-77 - another Ronnie Barker vehicle – this one set in a prison.  Another classy series.


Pride and Prejudice  1995 – the series that made Colin Firth a sex symbol.  Hard to beat this Austen adaptation.



Here are links to the other posts in this series:

1 comment:

  1. GASP! I ADORE Monarch of the Glen! I think I've watched the whole series three times. It was one of those shows I never wanted to end. Sigh. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers