Wednesday 7 March 2018

Books You Loved: March Edition





Books You Loved: February had so many super books that it was difficult to whittle down which ones to mention here. 

Melissa of Chick Lit Central reviewed The Stolen Marriage by Diane Chamberlain.  She said 'I can’t emphasize enough what a fantastic novel this is; one you all need to get your hands on!'

Silver's Reviews posted about Carnegie's Maid by Marie Benedict.  Elizabeth said 'A thoroughly enjoyable book for historical fiction fans and those who want to learn about Andrew Carnegie. 5/5'

Jama of Jama's Alphabet Soup graced us with Pass the Pandowdy, Please by Zelz & Zelz.  She said 'author Abigail Ewing Zelz and illustrator Eric Zelz shine the spotlight on 16 cool movers and shakers through the ever tempting lens of food. As Abigail notes in her introduction, “food reflects culture, climate, time period, wealth, and beliefs.” No better way to get to know someone, I always say.
This thoroughly delectable smorgasbord dating from the time of Cleopatra all the way to Neil Armstrong, is chock full of just the kind of interesting, surprising, amusing, and inspiring nuggets young readers love.'  For other fabulously illustrated posts about books (mainly for younger people) do head over to her site.'
Finally an unusual one, Twelve Months of Monastery Soups by Brother Victor-Antoine d'Avila-Latourrette.  Marci from Stone Cottage Adventures said 'This pretty cookbook has quotes and bits of poetry here and there.  You can also read snippets of history about cathedrals and saints.  A lovely book I can definitely recommend!.

Now on to the March collection.  Remember the posts you link in don't have to be recent and the book concerned doesn't have to have been recently published or read.  The only requirement is that it is about a book that you loved.

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box.

I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance. 


13 comments:

  1. Never mess around with anyone learning magic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twelve Months of Monastery Soups sounds amazing. I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Posted. Thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cliche or not, it's true! February disappeared so quickly! Thanks for the reminder email!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the mention Finding Home. How do I leave a note about The Job Blower? A really cute and humorous Chicklit novel by Melinda De Ross.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linked my "Books at the Oscars". Thanks for your monthly blog event!

    ReplyDelete
  7. tx for the email, almost a hundred last month

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carole, added a link to 'Beau Geste.'

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't have too many reviews for February, but there are a ton coming up for March and April.

    I do have giveaways going on - you can find them in the GIVEAWAYS TAB at the top of my blog. USA ONLY, though.

    Thanks for featuring CARNEGIE'S MAID. It was very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Skinjacker series by Neal Shusterman was a real page-turner for me--I flew through all three books! YA fiction

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite book this month had to be Where We Belong by Lynn Austin

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a bit late to the party but I've added three books that I read and loved in February. I heartily recommend them to your readers. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Displaced" was by far my favourite book last month, well written, highly interesting and with information I hadn't read about before. Great read for any history buff.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers