Wednesday 7 February 2018

Books You Loved: February Edition





Books You Loved: January had some super books – as always.  Some reviews that caught my eye were:

The Fifth Season by NK Jemisin was reviewed by Dorothy of The Nature of Things.  She said 'The writing is quite visionary and creative and it is not at all surprising that the book was nominated for so many different awards and actually won the Hugo Award for Best Science Fiction Book of 2016. Overall, I found it to be a very rewarding read'

Reckless Daughter, A Portrait of Joni Mitchell was brought over by Judy of Keep The Wisdom.  Judy said 'So I will only say that if you were a woman of heart and mind from the late 60s onward and at any point fell in love with Joni, you will want to read this book.'

The Museum of Broken Relationships was reviewed by Tracey of Carpe Librum.  She said that the book 'is a collection of items donated by those hurt by love. Each artefact is stunningly photographed and accompanied by a short story or explanation. Often including the location and duration of the relationship, they provide a rare glimpse into a person's heartbreak and lost love.' 

Now on to the February collection.  Remember the posts you link in don't have to be recent and the book concerned doesn't have to have been recently published or read.  The only requirement is that it is about a book that you loved.

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box.

I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance. 


19 comments:

  1. I've missed posting the last few months but I'm doing it right away today because An American Marriage releases today and I hope everyone reads it! I almost passed it by because I thought I wouldn't relate to the storyline...don't make that mistake! Happy reading Carole and fellow book buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about this gathering this morning, and wondering when I'd be hearing from you! I'll be back later to read and enjoy the good work of others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is a haunting read. The past comes back and taunts them in present day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the opportunity, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bunch of good reads last month. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure if I had linked with this book before but I love Peter Robinson so....here is one of his.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope I am not repeating these books.

    I can't find last month's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BTW...I have a giveaway on my blog until Thursday for AS BRIGHT AS HEAVEN.

    https://silversolara.blogspot.com/2018/02/review-and-giveaway-of-as-bright-as.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This month, I have linked in the candid memoir Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus by Nabeel Qureshi.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had four five-star reads in January and since I am unable to choose among them, I've given you links to all of them! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for popping by my blog and suggesting this link up! What a fun idea — do you do this monthly?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really fun idea to do monthly. I loved reading Helga's diary. Go check out the book review.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you don't mind a cookbook review? Thanks for hosting this great party! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carole, your "woman of a certain age" tag line reminds me that there's a gathering of "certain aged" women each Wednesday here. It's called Sizzling Towards Sixty.
    Maybe you are already aware of it.
    Also, there's a site called The Perennial Gen that focuses on mid-life issues.
    Hope to bump into you there sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for reminding me to join in Carole.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Carole for mentioning my entry of the Joni Mitchell biography!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had to enter two books this month, just couldn't decide which one I should leave out.

    Thanks for doing this month after month, I always enjoy the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm following this February issue for a long time, and I want to figure out how to format it. royal hill ผ่านเว็บ

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers