Wednesday 1 November 2017

Books You Loved: November Edition





Books You Loved: October had some super books – as always.  Some reviews that caught my eye were:

Barbara from Stray Thoughts reviewed The Story Keeper by Lisa Wingate.  She said 'I loved this book: Jen’s progression, the search for the mysteries involving the manuscript, the story within the story of Rand and Sarra, the setting of both a busy NY publishing house and then the Blue Ridge mountain area. Sarra and Rand’s story alternates between the two of them, and I thought Lisa showed great skill writing in their different voices as well as Jen’s – a modern city girl, a backwoods mixed race mountain girl, and a turn-of-the-century Southern aristocrat.'

I Could Write a Book by Karen Cox was brought over by Anna of Diary of An Eccentric.  Anna said  about this modern retelling of Jane Austen's Emma 'Rich with humor, poignancy and the camaraderie of life in a small, Southern town, I Could Write a Book is a coming of age romance with side helpings of self-discovery, friendship, and finding true love in the most unlikely places.'

Mrs Fletcher by Tom Perrota was reviewed by Dorothy of The Nature of Things.  The review said 'This is, on one level, a very funny book, but it is much more than that. Perrotta gives us an unflinching look at some of the darker corners of modern society and how we deal with our fellow men/women/humans. And even as he presents his perspectives with humor, he leaves us with a lot to ponder in our more sober moments. ' [The content of this book will not be for everyone]

Lastly, a new book from an author I have always enjoyed – Gretchen Rubin.  The Four Tendencies was reviewed by Tracey of Carpe Librum.  She said 'I had great fun reading The Four Tendencies and recognising myself and others in her descriptions and real life scenarios. Highly recommended to anyone wanting to know themselves better or improve relationships with their loved ones, kids and colleagues. An amusing and informative read.'

Now on to the November collection.  Remember the posts you link in don't have to be recent and the book concerned doesn't have to have been recently published or read.  The only requirement is that it is about a book that you loved.

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box.


I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance.  You will also find last November's books there as well.



15 comments:

  1. Snowdrift and Other Stories is just the read you need at Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate the email reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the mention! And thanks for hosting this every month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. tx 4 early heads up, had accumulated all my reviews. over 100 as some recipe books had 20 books inside, hadn't expected that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found a new author I like - Belinda Bauer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This month I have linked Queens of the Conquest by Alison Weir, a fascinating history of the early Medieval queens, and my comforting re-read of The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where has the month and the year gone? Too fast. :(

    Thanks for hosting - Hally Halloween!!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks again, Carole. I linked tow mysteries I loved by Josephine Tey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once again I've given you links to three books read during the last month - one I didn't exactly love but found interesting nevertheless and two that I did love. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for the mention Carole, I hope it helps others discover The Four Tendencies by Gretchen Rubin. I still think of it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I goofed, forgot to put the title for my heartwarming favorite book for October - RESCUING FINLEY at Grab a Book from Our Stack.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2017 seems to be flying by! Thank you, Carole, for allowing me to post here. I appreciate it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list of books! Added a couple to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reading the World - such a great book for anyone who wants to widen their horizon by reading books from all sorts of different countries.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers