Wednesday 4 October 2017

Books You Loved: October Edition





Books You Loved: September had some interesting books – as always.  Some reviews that caught my eye were:

Tina from Novel Meals brought on over her review of The Mountain Between Us by Charles Martin. I just finished reading this and agree with Tina that 'This is a tale of survival, love, regret and chances missed…This story was engaging and I had a hard time putting it down'

Piglettes by Clementine Beauvais was reviewed by Cheryl of Madhouse Family Reviews.  Her review said 'it's a heartwarming, feel-good tale of girl (pedal) power that will frequently make you smile'

Novel Meals also reviewed The Alice Network by Kate Quinn.  Tina said 'I couldn’t put this down.  If I wasn’t making time to read it at home, the book made it’s way into my purse in case I could read at work during breaks and lunch.'  I'm posting about this one soon and agree that this book is a great read.

Elizabeth from Silver's Reviews brought us At Wave's End by Patricia Perry Donovan.  She said 'If you need a fun, light, heartwarming read that shows the resiliency of and the generosity of mankind, then you will not want to miss AT WAVE'S END.'

Henry & Me by Sasha Clinton was reviewed by Wall to Wall Books.  The review said '"AWWWWWW" that's what I was saying out loud after only two pages And the more I read the more I loved it! I love when you start reading a book and right away you are hooked and you can't put it down. That's what happened - It was love at first read!'

Now on to the October collection.  Remember there are no rules.  The only requirement is that it is a post about a book that you loved.

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box.

I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance.  You will also find last October's books there as well.

14 comments:

  1. AT WAVE'S END was a great read.

    Hope you had a good month, Carole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks have a great fall. Read over 600 so far this year
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've given you links to three books read in September that I absolutely loved. I could have given you even more - it was a very good reading month. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are two different points of view presented here - a very nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marybeth Mayhew Whalen's latest--WHEN WE WERE WORTHY--her best one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great party! I want to visit everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Carole. I've linked to two crime novels - Tey & Christie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carole, I brought one of my favorite authors, Peter Robinson and his latest book in the Inspector Banks series. Can't wait to see what you think of The Alice Network.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many books, so little time! ;-) Thank you for hosting this fun party! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    I co-host a couple of link parties myself each week. All family friendly posts are welcome, including Etsy shops, other link parties, and *of course* BOOKS! If you have time, I'd love for you to join the fun at my place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sharing a non fiction book this time called The Four Tendencies by Gretchen Rubin. I loved it! Highly recommended for anyone wanting to know themselves better or improve relationships with their loved ones, kids and colleagues.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This month I have linked in The Mistress of Blackstairs by Catherine Curzon, a light historical mystery which was a real page turner :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was surprised to see THE GAME YOU PLAYED is the author's debut novel--very good!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers