Wednesday 6 September 2017

Books You Loved: September Edition





Books You Loved: August had some great books – as always.  Some reviews that caught my eye were:

Moonshine & Rosefire reviewed The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins.  She said 'I absolutely loved this book and am delighted to see that it is this author's debut novel. In my opinion, it was well-written and captured my attention right from the beginning.'

Hello, Sunshine by Laura Dave was reviewed by Silver's Reviews.  I read this one (and will be posting about it soon) and agree with Elizabeth that it 'was an easy, breezy read'

Crimes Against A Book Club by Kathy Cooperman was reviewed by Melissa of Chick Lit Central.  She said 'There was nothing I didn't like about this book and it's going on my 2017 favorites list. Definitely pick it up for a dose of fun and entertainment.' 

Dorothy from The Nature of Things posted about Fallout by Sara Paretsky.  She said 'This is one of Paretsky's more complicated plots, but she never falters and it all comes together and makes sense in the end. And as always, there are clues strewn through the text for the sharp-eyed reader. I was right there with her all the way through, enjoying every minute of the story. This may be my favorite of all the Warshawski books. If not, it's right near the top.'

Finally for the Janeites out there, a book by Lucy Worsley was reviewed both by Debbie from Different Times, Different Place Book Reviews and by Margaret of Books Please.  Intriguingly they had different covers and slightly different titles but I am confident they were reviewing the same book – which is called either At Home with Jane Austen or Jane Austen at Home.  Debbie said 'Jane Austen at Home is a look at Jane Austen's life from the perspective of what her daily life was like. Starting with her family and her birth, we learn what the house was like, how she was educated, what her social life was like, and so on.'  Margaret said 'she writes in a lively, chatty style and reading her book I could easily hear her voice. Jane Austen at Home is both very readable and very detailed, which is not an easy thing to achieve. '

Now on to the September collection.  Remember the posts you link in don't have to be recent and the book concerned doesn't have to have been recently published or read.  The only requirement is that it is about a book that you loved.

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box.


I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance.  You will also find last September's books there as well.



16 comments:

  1. Another month has passed so quickly hasn't it?

    I can't believe how many books I read - LOL!!

    I read a lot of mysteries/thrillers, but also a lot of heartfelt reads.

    Thanks for letting us learn about books others LOVED, Carole.

    Have a great month, and thanks for commenting on my review of Hello Sunshine.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to bring two books - The Alice Network and The Mountain Between Us. Loved them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved An Enchantment of Ravens enough to pre-order a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite reads this summer came right at the end: Lisa Duffy's THE SALT HOUSE. I loved everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carole, thank you for the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I just entered my first "linky". Thanks Carole!
    Great post! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been into reading mysteries and thrillers lately and I've listed two that I have enjoyed. Thanks for the shoutout for my last month's entry. Sara Paretsky is always a terrific read. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just linked After I've Gone by Linda Green which I thoroughly enjoyed. It was quite contemporary and it exceeded all of my expectations, so I gave it 5 stars.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, this month I have linked in historical fiction The White Queen by Philippa Gregory and fun fantasy The Lioness and the Spellspinners by Cheryl Mahoney :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im not reading as much as Id like to at the moment now Im Mum to a newborn! But I did manage to finish "The Dry" an Aussie murder mystery that was a brilliant read and I heard its being made into a movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This link party is one of the many treasures I have discovered at Barbara H's blog! So happy to find a bunch of book lovers, and hope I can remember to come back each month for the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carole, thank you for allowing me to let your followers know about The Wedding Planner's Son. The book is on sale for $0.99 and is available for Kindle, Nook, Kobo, and iBooks. The sale lasts through Sept 30th. I appreciate your support! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely my favourite this month:
    The Blind Assassin.

    Thanks for offering us this page to share our favourite reads.
    Marianne from
    Let's Read

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for the shout-out, Carole. I finally got the chance to link up my Best Book of the Month for September.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers