Wednesday 1 February 2017

Books You Loved: February Edition and Blog of the Month




Books You loved: December/January  had lots of interesting books – as always.  Some reviews that caught my eye were:

My (Not So) Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella was reviewed by Shauna of I Loved to Read and Review Books.  Congrats on being this month's Blog of the Month. Her review said 'Recommended for: Anyone who likes chick lit, and/or who is a fan of Sophie Kinsella's books, or wants a fun read'

The Kingmaker's Daughter by Philippa Gregory was brought over by Carpe Librum.  The review said 'Whenever I pick up one of her novels I'm thoroughly transported, entertained and educated without even realising it.

The Kingmaker's Daughter is outstanding, I loved loved loved it!'

Michelle from Jarrah Jungle reviewed The Girl You Left Behind by JoJo Moyes.  She said 'Not only is this a tale of romance and faith but it is also a really interesting story told about the war time and what happened to art during that time.

I really love the writing style it flowed beautifully and the way the two stories joined up and complimented eachother all the way to the last page made it a real joy to read. The female characters are strong and likable and I could understand them and feel what they were going through on their life journeys.'

The delightful A Man Called Ove by Frederik Backman was brought over by Dorothy from The Nature of Things.  The review said 'I loved it! I often found myself laughing out loud and then a few minutes later my cheeks would be wet with tears. It combines hilarity and poignancy in a marvelous cocktail of emotional reading'

To see other books that were linked in, you can hop on over to this Pinboard.

Now for the February collection.  Remember the post doesn't have to be a recent one and the book doesn't have to have been recently published or read.  The only requirement is that it is about a book that you loved.

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box.

I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard  to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance.

You may have noticed that I have now inserted a top page called Books  in my header (imaginative name…).  Here you will find books that I have reviewed because I thought they were great plus a list of books I have read but chose not to review.  It's a work in progress (now has all my book posts from 2014 to the present).

I have selected a new Blog of the Month for you – a book blog this time since I did a food one last time –  Shauna's I Love to Read and Review Books.  Shauna works in a bookstore and is quite an eclectic reader.  Some recent reviews I enjoyed include: The Decision That Changed My Life and Color of Love

14 comments:

  1. When your grandparents warn about the hill, you should listen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the email. had mine all tallied up,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Beautiful Stranger is Book 1 of the A Family Forever Series. This is a sweet romance marriage-of-convenience story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you enjoy Jane Austen, you will love Mister Darcy's Secret.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For historical romance lovers: BELLE OF CHARLESTON by Jerri Hines. Lovely story and a great start to a wonderful series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bad Boy was an exciting DCI Banks book. I love this series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This month I have linked in classic, cosy crime The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Carole. I loved 'The Keys of the Kingdom' by A.J. Cronin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for featuring my book last month! I have linked up some fiction and a recipe book this month both were great and about food :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I added a link for a new enchanting middle school book that is bound to become a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Decisions, decisions... I've read so many wonderful books in the last several weeks, but I finally decided on three to link with this month's "Books You Loved." I hope some of your readers will love them, too. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the mention Carole :-) I don't have anything worthy of linking to this month, but hopefully next month I'll have fallen in love with something worthy of 'books you loved'.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for hosting this fun party! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've finally made my decision about what my favorite book of the month is. My choice for favorite book of the month is actually a reread for me from five years ago. So, I have posted the links to my original review and the review of my reread. Thank you so much for everything, Carole, see you next month! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers