Wednesday 7 December 2016

Books You Loved: December/January edition




Books You loved: November had lots of interesting books – as always.  Some reviews that caught my eye were:

Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult was reviewed by Me!!!  The review said 'I only have good things to say about this novel. Jodi writes it in such a way that you feel like you're in her character's shoes. Even the ones you're not supposed to like.'  I also found it a riveting, if uncomfortable, read.  Will be posting about it soon.

Everything We Keep by Kerry Lonsdale was brought over by Michelle of Jarrah Jungle (this month's Blog of the Month).  Michelle said 'This is a really unique story with lots of twists and turns, family dramas and hidden secrets. It is a real page turner'

The Girl in the Castle by Santa Montefiore was reviewd by Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews.  The review said 'Poor Kitty Deverill had a lot to deal with at her young age, but she was spunky, delightful, and resilient.   

Kitty was a character I really enjoyed, and THE GIRL IN THE CASTLE was a book I really enjoyed..

THE GIRL IN THE CASTLE is set around 1910 and lets us into the lives of aristocrats and the lives of servants in a castle.'

To see other books that were linked in, you can hop on over to this Pinboard.

Now for the December/January collection.  Remember the post doesn't have to be a recent one and the book doesn't have to have been recently published or read.  The only requirement is that it is about a book that you loved.

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box.

I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance. This link up covers both December and January.

Happy Holidays!

12 comments:

  1. I read Miss Silver years ago and was happy to find some new editions out. She's a good sleuth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks once again, Carole! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've linked to three books read recently that I truly loved. I hope some of your readers will love them, too. Happy holidays to all and a happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Carole. Just added 'Train to Pakistan,' a book about Partition. Not a comfortable read but powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun party! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always look forward to joining in with this link up thanks for hosting all year long Carole! And I'm so chuffed to be picked as blogger of the month thank you so much x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also loved The Girl in the Castle and can't wait to get the next book in this series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pretty sure that I found my favorite book of December through this review roundup, but I don't remember when it was actually linked here. Anyway, thank you to whomever alerted me to this wonderful book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We loved SMALL GREAT THINGS TOO and recommended it as a "must read."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, don't understand why mine is listed twice--first time it said there was an error so I did it again.

      Delete
  10. I just posted my favorite book of the month for January - which was a reread for me from almost seven years ago. So, I've posted my original review from November of 2010, and the review revisited post from January of 2017.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers