Wednesday 7 September 2016

Books You Loved: September Edition




It's Books You Loved time again.

Books You Loved: August was interesting – as always.  Some reviews that particularly caught my eye were:

Vinegar Girl by Anne Tyler was reviewed by Dorothy of The Nature of Things.  I have now also posted about this book and agree with Dorothy that 'There were a number of laugh-out-loud funny moments for me, especially toward the end of the book. And it is a very short book, a quick read, just a bit over 200 pages.'

Last Ride to Graceland  by Kim Wright was reviewed by Katherine Scott Jones.  She said 'Lighthearted, sassy, and fun, Last Ride to Graceland still possesses a certain gravitas.'

Love Song by Stephanie Baumgartner was reviewed by Anna from Diary of an Eccentric.  She said about this story set in 1944 'a story about a young girl’s efforts to break free from the oppression of her family, to find herself and her purpose in life, and the love that helps her accomplish this. The impossible relationship at the core of the novel is one that readers can’t help but root for. Baumgartner has created a novel with many layers and complexities, and it is so much more than a romance.'

Everything We Keep  by Kerry Lonsdale was reviewed by Melissa from Chick Lit Central.  She said 'I can’t even get into a lot of details as to why I love this book, as I don’t want to give anything away. It is definitely on my 2016 favorites list! It is begging for a sequel and thankfully there is one in the works. Finishing it is like finishing a season of your favorite seasonal TV series (after binge watching) and knowing you have to wait until next year to find out what is going to happen to the characters.'


Now on to the September collection.  There are no rules other than your post is about a book that you loved.

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box.

I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance.

I hope you discover some great books to read – I always do!  Please invite other book loving people to join in the fun – the more the merrier!

You may have noticed that I have inserted a top page called Books in my header.  Here you will find links to books that I have reviewed because I thought they were great plus a list of books I have read but chose not to review. 

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out from my review last month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the email, appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Mabel is silly and funny so kids will enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the invitation, Carole. I hope you all will enjoy my reviews. Looking forward to your comments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Though I didn't love everything about it, Noah Hawley's movie-worthy BEFORE THE FALL pretty much deserves all the buzz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks once again for giving us the opportunity to share our favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the September list.

    I can't believe it is September either. CRAZY.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vinegar Girl was a really fun read, wasn't it? I'm glad you enjoyed it. This month I've given you three books that I didn't quite love - I found them flawed but very interesting nevertheless. I hope some on your readers will give them a try. By the way, one of them, Shylock is My Name, is another in the Hogarth Shakespeare series of which Vinegar Girl was a part.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'Love this party! Thank you for hosting it! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Dark Aemilia (linked above) is going to be in my Top 5 books for 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've just linked in Scottish, historical fiction A House Divided by Margaret Skea. I will hopefully be back soon with my thoughts on Jane Steele Lyndsay Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have come back and linked in Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I'm back with lots and lots of great books :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, this month wasn't the best for me as regards reading - halfway through the month, I bashed my head rather badly during a doctor's appointment. The two black eyes and 'goose egg' that I managed to give myself have just gotten better.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers