Wednesday 3 August 2016

Books You Loved: August edition




Books You loved: July had lots of interesting books – as always.  Some reviews that caught my eye were:

Dorothy from The Nature of Things reviewed Sense and Sensibility by Joanna Trollope. She said 'I loved it! I enjoyed it almost as much as the original.'

Barbara from Stray Thoughts brought over A Man Called Ove by Fredrick Backman.  She said 'Overall the book is cleverly and wonderfully written, tender in some places, humorous in others, and the author has a nice way of setting seemingly opposite thoughts in juxtaposition'

Elizabeth from Silver's Reviews brought Flight Patterns by Karen White.  She said 'FLIGHT PATTERNS is a beautiful book about family, reconnecting, and has the added bonus of a few family secrets. The secrets are quite good.  :)'

For something a bit different, Captivated Reader reviewed The Genius of Opposites: How Introverts and Extroverts Achieve Extraordinary Results Together.   The review said '…primarily focuses on the business relationships one has with colleagues, business partners, and clients... However, I think it's very possible to translate the ideas Kahnweiler presents to one's personal relationships... Or at least I'm hoping so, as I'm looking to greatly enhance a couple of close my personal relationships after having read this book.'

Lastly a book for all you creative people out there – Debbie from Different Place, Different Time reviewed The Fantasy Artroom by Aaron Pocock.  Debbie said 'The Fantasy Artroom teaches how to draw, ink, and use watercolor to create fantasy artwork. The author assumed that you have no art training. He generally suggested the minimal necessary tools to get you started, and he gave tips on how to use these tools to get good results.'

To see other books that were linked in, you can hop on over to this Pinboard.

Now for the August collection.  Remember the post doesn't have to be a recent one and the book doesn't have to have been recently published or read.  The only requirement is that it is about a book that you loved.

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box.

I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance.

You may have noticed that I have now inserted a top page called Books in my header.  Here you will find books that I have reviewed because I thought they were great plus a list of books I have read but chose not to review.  It's a work in progress but I hope you'll find it useful.

Happy August!

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the opportunity to add these books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last Ride to Graceland. A lark of a read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The French War Bride shows you what love really means.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I accidentally put that Pioneer Girl was Laura Ingalls Wilder's biography, but it is actually an autobiography she wrote and tried to get published before writing the Little House series.

    Thanks for the link and the opportunity to share beloved books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 30+ books this month read, hope you don't mind that I don't list them individually.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about A Man Called Ove, it is one of the best books I read this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the shout-out for my review of Joanna Trollope's book. I've linked you to three more wonderful books this month. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've posted the link to my review of a great, thrilling book. Curiously enough it has the same title of the novel I linked in July, but it is a different story with different setting, different style, different author. I hope you'll enjoy my review. Happy summer readings, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Neapolitan Novels are awesome. Elena Ferrante is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing worthy to post this time, but I'm readying a book at the moment that I'm sure will earn 5 stars, so I'll post it in next month's list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you very much for highlighting one of my book reviews from last month! The Genius of Opposites is a fast read with easy to grasp concepts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't really remember if I learned of my Best Book of the Month through this meme or not, but I do love reading anything about the Bronte family!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers