Wednesday 4 March 2015

Books You Loved: March Edition




Books You Loved: February had lots of great books.  Some reviews that caught my eye were:

Elizabeth from Books I Think You Should Read brought us Hello from the Gillespies by Monica McInerney.  Elizabeth said 'this would make a great movie too'.  This one's on my tbr.

Thanks, Michelle from Jarrah Jungle for telling us about The Maxwell Sisters by Loretta Hill.  She said 'I recommend this book to wine lovers who like a bit of light hearted romance.'

Jessica from The Bookworm Chronicles brought Dan Brown's The Inferno.  I was pleased to hear about a book starring Robert Langdon that I haven't read.  She said 'Inferno is another gripping thriller that follows Professor Robert Langdon through the history, art and symbols of Dante Alighieri’s Divine Comedy to a dramatic climax.'


For something a little bit different we have Annette from Impressions in Ink to thank. She recommended The Oblate's Confession by William Peak. It is monastic mediaeval fiction. She said 'It is exciting for me to read a debut novel that sweeps me away'

Thank you to She Reads Novels for reminding me about The Quiet Gentleman by Georgette Heyer.

Now for the new collection.  Remember the post doesn't have to be a recent one and the book doesn't have to have been recently published or read.  The only requirement is that it is about a book that you loved.

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box.

I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance.

Have fun.  I hope you discover some great books to read – I always do!



28 comments:

  1. So excited...I love this monthly list.

    My choice is a favorite for this year.

    Thanks, Carole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love books and seeing everyone's recommendations. I made a mistake and posted twice if you want to delete the Dawn@joyfulscribblings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Carole, as always. I've discovered great blogs via this meme. I entered two good books this month.
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone looking forward to checking out your recommendations x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Such great books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the invite - I'm picking Girl in a Blue Dress this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sharing The Hermit, the Icon & the Emperor - a great children's book - combined with a travelogue to the place described in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for letting me share. I love my Australian fans. Yay! http://barbswire-ebooksandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have to include Mister Owita's Guide to Gardening as I learned the author recently passed away. Fortunately, she left this poignant memoir as part of her legacy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Carole. Just added A Tale of Two Cities by Dickens.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Middlemarch. Great book - just be prepared to make a commitment of time and concentration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for giving me a new place to share my books! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just added Twice Upon a Time Anthology by Joshua Allen Mercier, Tarran Jones and more and Chocolate Promise by Josephine Moon.

    Thanks,
    Tarran

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the feature Carole :) I have 2 great Australian authors I've added to the link up, just released this month one is a seat of the pants thriller King of the Road and the other is a light hearted modern day Aussie pilgrimage Arkie's Pilgrimage to the Next Big Thing, enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you! My first time here and much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could only leave a comment as a reply but I wanted to thank you, Carole :-)

      Delete
  16. Thank you for this opportunity :)
    Jacquie Biggar

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been gone for awhile but I'm glad to see this feature still going! I always love seeing what every one else has submitted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just found this feature and I'm enjoying seeing what everyone else is loving!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved the book I added. I hadn't had a five star read in quite a while before it. As always, thank you Carole for this link up. I like seeing what everyone loved reading in the previous month.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for the invitation to join your party! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for the email about this I have a heck of a time remembering to fill this out

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's actually after 10 pm on March 31st where I am, so I'm sliding in just under the wire for the end of the month. Thanks so much, Carols :) Anyway, I've only managed to read four books in the month of March - I've spent most of the month doing every possible type of puzzle: jigsaws, crosswords and sudoku.

    Jane's House by Robert Kimmel Smith was the first book in a Reader's Digest Condensed Books that I read. Although, Robert Kimmel Smith is predominantly a children's author, he did write maybe five adult books, as well! :) See you next month, everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers