Wednesday 4 February 2015

Books You Loved: February Edition



Books You Loved: January/February  had lots of great books.  Some reviews that caught my eye were:

Elizabeth from Books I Think You Should Read reviewed Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult.  She said 'I am a huge fan of Jodi Picoult's books, and this one was no exception. She does extensive research to make sure her books are factually accurate, and because of that, each one is very detailed about something specific'

Michelle from Jarrah Jungle posted about The Ship of Brides by JoJo Moyes.  She said 'I loved the writing in this book and felt that I was right onboard with these girls living with them and being a part of their dreams and fears. This is a fiction story based on real life events and is a brilliant piece of Australian history.'  I loved this book too and posted about it here.

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz was brought to the party by Stray Thoughts.  I didn't even know there was a book – so pervasive is the movie!  She said 'I agree with C. S. Lewis’s quote to the effect that a good children’s book should be enjoyable by adults as well. It would be hard to say whether I like the book or the film better. I like them both. They each have their charms.'

Mary from Moonshine and Rosefire reviewed The Rest of Her Life by Laura Moriarty.  She said that the book 'delivers a luminous, compassionate, and provocative look at how even mothers and daughters with the best intentions can be blind to the harm they do to one another. Ms. Moriarty's novel is one of complex moral dilemma, filled with nuanced characters and a page-turning plot that makes readers ask themselves, "What would I do if I were in a similar situation?"'

Now for the new collection.  Remember the post doesn't have to be a recent one and the book doesn't have to have been recently published or read.  The only requirement is that it is about a book that you loved.

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box.

I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance.

Have fun.  I hope you discover some great books to read – I always do!

13 comments:

  1. Yeah!! Love this post each month.

    I love the PinBoard too. Such a terrific idea. Much easier, and we can see all the awesome covers.

    THANKS.

    And...yes...we can say Happy New Year in February. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shoutout, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I entered two great books. Thanks as always, Carole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm linking to a wonderful book that I read in January, a first novel by Smith Henderson called Fourth of July Creek. The main character is a social worker and, as one who labored long and hard in that profession, it certainly struck a chord with me. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't resist putting in three! I don't think I knew about this link-up before, so thanks for letting me know! I've been meaning to read books by JoJo Moyes and Laura Moriarty for a while. I gave up on Jodi Picoult after Nineteen Minutes, but have been hearing so many good things about Leaving Time that I may try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW....there are giveaways going on at my blog if anyone wants to stop.

    USA only.

    My book entry is below. You can find the posts or click the Giveaways tab in the header.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Entry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for highlighting The Rest of Her Life by Laura Moriarty, Carole :) I'll be back later on in the month to link up my choice for February.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for featuring my book last month Carole :)
    I have linked up another 5 star read by Aussie author Loretta Hill, a rural romance called The Maxwell Sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved The Magician's Lie last month and these are the books I'm most excited about for February: http://ivoryowlreviews.blogspot.com/2015/02/february-2015-tbr.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry-- I clicked the button to add the link and then realized I hadn't given the title! Station Eleven was my "loved it!" for this month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Carole! Just linked to a favourite of mine - Persuasion by Jane Austen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello again, Carole,
    I know that I'm slightly behind in posting my best book of February, but I've finally made my choice. I've read so many great books during February that it was a challenge for me to choose. 666 by Jay Anson was a reread for me from many, many years ago. See you next month, Carole! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers