Wednesday 3 September 2014

Books You Loved: September Edition

 

Before getting onto the new collection, a quick look at some of the books  in the July/August Books You Loved collection:
Four books were linked in that I have read recently and loved as well.  They were Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon brought to us by Jo of Jaffareadstoo, The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith brought to us by Dorothy of the Nature of Things, Delicious by Ruth Reichl brought over by Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews and finally One Plus One by JoJo Moyes reviewed by Katie at Doing Dewey.
I was intrigued by How to be a Heroine by Samantha Ellis and will be reading it as soon as I can get my hands on it.  The review posted on Girl with Her Head in a Book said 'I loved, loved, loved this book. It is not literary criticism although it may be shelved as such, it is instead a chatty and laid-back look at all of the literary heroines we love and some who we can afford to hate. Ellis' words are warm and wonderful and she is never snide, it was a real pleasure to look back on the books that had meant so much to her.'

On to the new collection!

So all you need to do to add your posts about Books You Loved is to put the name of the book (plus your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url for your post about it into the second one.

I'll be pinning your reviews to this Pinboard so that you can see the book covers at a glance and choose which ones to check out in more detail.

19 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nudge to post all my monthly reviews in one post,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I did it twice because it wasn't showing the first time. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - I posted "Elizabeth of York" by Alison Weir - great biography of a woman who survived the Wars of the Roses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I've read some really good books this past few months!
    I've added three of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You won't believe the kind of creatures Julia gets when she puts her sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! Thanks for inviting me to join your reading group. I've posted two book reviews recently and I've linked them both. I hope you'll like them. Happy end of the summer to you all! (Maria Grazia at FLY HIGH!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I posted mine! Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just realised I read a lot of books last month! One every week which Ive linked up :)
    Thanks for hosting Carole hope you had a fantastic holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks again, Carole. Just posted two book reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was an easy choice, The Farm by Tom Rob Smith is one of my favourite books so far this year (and I find myself telling people about it all the time), so definitely my choice for this list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy September and happy reading to all! I'm glad to be a part of this meme once again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello there, Carole and everyone,
    I'll stop by later in the month and link up my favorite book, but I just wanted to say that this meme is the best. Such a variety of books each month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this link up. I'm going to check out everyone's blogs because I see a lot of people I don't know, which I love! I really like my suggestion of An Unnecessary Woman and would recommend it to anyone who likes women's fiction but wants some diversity. It is set in the Middle East and while the main character's life is different from mine it is at the heart, the same. Very lovely for bookworms.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carole, thank you for hosting this feature! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved Story of a Marriage, but it probably shouldn't be read without Kleenex nearby. Should probably have mentioned that in my post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Alright, so I messed up slightly on my post - I just had to repost my link because I missed out the author's name. :(

    My choice for my favorite book in September was Between Husbands and Friends: A Novel by Nancy Thayer. Sorry about that, Carole, I'm not sure how to fix my mistake. See you next month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm late but here! The Blackhouse is excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers