Tuesday 19 February 2013

Sloppy Josephines




I made some Sloppy Josephines with steak leftover from my salted steak experiment .  So if you are not starting with steak that is too salty you would need to add salt.


I had some baps which I cut into diagonally to form a pocket for the sloppy meat mixture.

I sliced up the steak leftover and sautéed it with some chilli, the leftover home-made garlic butter, maple syrup (to counteract the salt) and lashings of pepper.


I cut a Savoy cabbage leaf into little squares that fit into the baps and formed a little shelf for the mixture as well as a bit of crunch.  I thought it looked cute.

From a too salty steak we ended up with a very nice dish.


Pin It

8 comments:

  1. These look so yummy! I love the name! Thanks so much for visiting and commenting at One Creative Weekend! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome way to repurpose your steak. I love those squares of cabbage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how creative you are with your leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those cabbage squares too. Glad you found a good way to use the leftover steak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to turn leftovers into a special treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cleverly named dish, and the cabbage makes a nice combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good idea. We always have left over steak. I'll do this next time.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers