Wednesday 24 January 2018

French Ties by Jane Webster






Inspired by the lovely French House Chic I got an earlier book of hers out from the library – French Ties. This book is more about the way that she has organised her chateau to work for family and guests.  There are also recipes for traditional foods from Normandy.

The same photographer was involved so the book is lovely to look at.  But I also found the contents interesting.  One small thing that irked a bit was that everything seemed to have happened pretty seamlessly and perfectly – that doesn't seem likely.  So maybe there is a bit of poetic license going on.  But I still loved the book.

Recipes I have marked as needing a try include – Chicken and Chive Finger Sandwiches, Salmon with Beurre Blanc Sauce and Potato Salad Normande.

This was her second book so I'll have to give her first one a go.  It's called At My French Table.

2 comments:

  1. I do like the sound of the potato salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would love that book! Right now I am on an island in France.....bookwise, that is.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers