Sunday 9 July 2017

One Pot Lamb Chops – Take II



Carole's Chatter: One Pot Lamb Chops Take II


This is another attempt at doing lamb chops and vegetables all in one casserole dish at the same time.  Click here to see my first effort.

Ingredients:

Lamb shoulder chops
Oil
Potato slices, carrot rounds, pumpkin slices
Chicken stock
Anchovies
Sliced yams
Seasonings – salt & pepper
Pomegranate seeds for garnish

Method:

Oil your pot/dish and season it with salt and pepper.

Put in a layer of potato slices and season.  Next a layer of carrots, season and finally your pumpkin.

Pour chicken stock in so that it just covers the vegetables.

Do a layer of the chops and sason with generously with pepper and lay the anchovies on top of them.  Don't worry it won't taste fishy at all – just gives the lamb a deeper flavour.

Cook in a low oven for about 2 hours.  Add a layer of sliced yams on top (they go mushy if they are overcooked)

When the yams are tender your dish is done.  I sprinkled some pomegranate seeds on for a pop of colour.

This was a nice dish but I think my first effort was better.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds good. How many anchovies did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A small jar - about one anchovy per chop. Cheers

      Delete
  2. I tried a recipe like that before and I think it was called a hot Pot. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lamb chops! I like the idea of the pomegranate seeds here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such interesting ingredients in this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love anything that can be made in one pot. I'm intrigued with the inclusion of anchovies in this recipe

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers