Wednesday 7 June 2017

Books You Loved: June Edition





Books You Loved: May had some very interesting books – as always.  Some reviews that caught my eye were:

Silver's Reviews posted about The Baker's Secret by Stephen P Kiernan.  Elizabeth said 'THE BAKER'S SECRET is a wonderful testimony and tribute to the people who lived through and survived WWII.  5/5' 


Be Frank With Me was reviewed by Melissa.  The review said 'I definitely recommend Be Frank with Me to anyone who wants something a little different. It's like a cross between The Rosie Project and The Nanny Diaries. There's an element of chick lit, with a little something more.'

Midnight Blue by Simone Van der Vlugt was reviewed by She Reads Novels.  The review said 'Midnight Blue is a light and entertaining novel which I would recommend to readers who have enjoyed other books with Dutch settings such as Girl with a Pearl Earring or The Miniaturist'


Confessions of a Domestic Failure was reviewed by Books I Think You Should Read.  Elizabeth said 'With her razor-sharp wit and knack for finding the funny in everything, Bunmi Laditan creates a character as flawed and lovable as Bridget Jones or Becky Bloomwood while hilariously lambasting the societal pressures placed upon every new mother. At its heart, Ashley's story reminds moms that there's no way to be perfect, but many ways to be great.'

All The Best People by Sonja Yoerg was brought over by The Book Bag.  She said 'This story is so beautiful as well as being so heartbreaking.'

Now on to the June collection.  Remember the posts you link in don't have to be recent and the book concerned doesn't have to have been recently published or read.  The only requirement is that it is about a book that you loved.

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box.


I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance.

15 comments:

  1. Gork hates puberty. He only has 2" long horns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coldish weather here in northeast. garden isn't growing with no sun either, thanks for the listing,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. THE DAY I DIED...a compelling and addictive mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great book for all you cat ladies and gents (Sing to the Moon) and a wonderful bio on Emily Dickinson. I'm in the northeast too -- only 50 out with a stiff wind! Take heart, they're forecasting low 90s for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Kirsten Tranter's Hold this month - one of the Miles Franklin Prize nominees and a compelling story of loss, identity and moving on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy you featured THE BAKER'S SECRET, Carole.

    It was a wonderful book.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read so many great books in the last several weeks that it was really hard to narrow down to only three choices. I could have easily given you at least five. The three I've linked to - two novels and one memoir - were all five star reads. I hope some of your readers will give them a try. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My choice this month is Widdershins by Helen Steadman. This debut historical novel from a new British author really captured my imagination...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally, something worthy of adding to your list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Carole. Just added Cancer Ward, which despite its title, was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for hosting Carole - have a lovely weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This time I have linked in two great reads from May: Shakespearian-inspired short story collection Monstrous Little Voices and Daphne du Maurier's wonderfully atmospheric My Cousin Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved When Dimple Met Rishi I think it's going to be one of the hot books of this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've gotten a little bit behind with my reading but I'm catching up.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers