Friday 14 April 2017

Food on Friday: Middle Eastern




ON

This Food on Friday is designed to learn more about Middle Eastern Cuisine – about all I know about it is that preserved lemons are often involved – so it will be a steep learning curve for me.

To get you thinking – some common Middle Eastern ingredients (according to Wikipedia) include: Olives, honey, Sesame seeds, dates, chickpeas, mint, parsley, couscous, eggplant.

To add to the collection just put the name of the dish and your name into the first Mr Linky box and paste the url of your post about it into the second box.

If you are a first timer, please let us know in your comment so that we can welcome you to the Food on Friday community.
I'll be pinning your dishes to this Pinboard just as fast as I can manage.

8 comments:

  1. Happy Easter and Passover to all! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week I've shared a post that includes a link to a wonderful recipe for herbed labneh (from Bon Appetit magazine). Labneh is a Middle Eastern strained yogurt, somewhat thicker than the Greek variety... here, it's given a kick with some serrano peppers and preserved lemons. And herbs. Lots of herbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this theme! Some of my favorite foods. Thanks for hosting, and Happy Easter to all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very exotic cuisine today :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carole - I'm back! I have so many Middle Eastern recipes on the blog so your talking my language. I have shared the post I wrote last year about eating well on Good Friday. It seems timely : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for inviting me to your potluck today Carole! I am sharing a Middle Eastern Hummus with Caramelized Onions and Portobello Mushrooms taught to me by a wonderful Persian cook in my neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good afternoon Carole, I lived in Cyprus for many years and I love Middle Eastern food.
    I am looking forward to learning some new recipes.
    Happy Easter.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Carole
    This is my first entry in your wonderful round up, thank you kindly for the invitation
    So sorry for the double entry. My computer froze for a minute so I re-clicked enter

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers