I enjoyed My (Part-Time) Paris Life. The things I liked included:
· The setting is in Paris – a fabulous city
· But it isn't just about the well known areas – it feels authentic.
· Part of the time the author spends in a little apartment on the Ile de la Cite – it took me right back to when I stayed there once
· The book isn't sugar coated – you feel the alienation and stress of shifting countries and languages – even when you want to
· The book also is very wise about the impact of death in the family and how it can be very different for different family members