Friday 9 December 2016

Food on Friday: Cherries & Almonds


ON

Cherries are in season at Christmas time here which is just wonderful.  This week's theme has 2 ingredients – cherries and almonds – any dish that uses one or both of them will be most welcome.

To add your dishes, just put the name of the dish together with your blog name/name into the first Mr Linky box you will find below.  Then paste the url for your post about it into the second box.

I'll be pinning the dishes to this Pinboard which will make it easy for you to check them out at a glance.  The links from the earlier collections are also on that board.

Cheers for Cherries!

8 comments:

  1. Carole, my fruitcake is made with dried cherries and ground almonds, so this is a perfect category for it! Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invitation Carole. Sorry it's been so long. I've added my Macarons with Vanilla and White Chocolate Ganache as they are made with ground almonds. I use/eat A LOT of almonds. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cherries but hardly ever cook with them. I just eat them as is. So rather than the same old cherry recipe I trot out each year, I have a new recipe for Prune & Amaretto Coffee Cake with plenty of almonds. Thanks for hosting this festive edition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cherries are irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This week I have a cherry clafoutis - recipe courtesy Julia Child. It also makes use of almond extract... tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Afternoon Carole, This week I have added my Bakewell Tart recipe... such a classic... I love it and Apple and Almond Tart.
    Do you know, I searched through my blog and I could not find a single cherry recipe.... now I am really going to have to do something about that. I love cherries, but I love to eat them freshly picked mmm you have given me an idea for a future blog post.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Best Wishes to you.
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun recipes! I have a couple more cherry recipes coming out soon too. Though it's not cherry season, I always think of cherries at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers