Wednesday 3 February 2016

Books You Loved: February Edition




Welcome to the first Books You Loved for 2016.  2015 saw me discover all sorts of great books from your links.

Books You Loved: December/January resulted in another interesting collection.  Thank you to everyone who contributed.  Some reviews that caught my eye were:

The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom was reviewed by Jennine of My Life In Books.  She said 'When you hear that Mitch Albom has a new book out, you don't ask questions, you just buy it.' 

The Hundred Gifts by Jennifer Scott was reviewed by Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews.  She said 'I laughed out loud and thoroughly enjoyed this book.  It was witty, heartwarming, light, addressed family issues, and had a lovely ending'

Snail Mail: Rediscovering the Art of Handmade Correspondence by Michelle Mackintosh was reviewed by Tracey of Carpe Librum. She said 'A fellow stationery lover and devotee of the printed word, her book was an absolute joy to read.'

One Plus One by JoJo Moyes was reviewed by Guiltless Reading who said 'alternately hilarious and poignant, I loved all the characters, felt deeply involved in their personal struggles, and read often with bated breath. I loved the feeling of falling in love with this book, and with Jojo Moyes's voice.'

Finally, one book that I'm waiting on from the library, The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg.  This book was reviewed by Captivated Reader who said 'Now, I too, can use the techniques from The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business … to create positive change in my life. I am giving  a rating of 5 stars out of 5 stars.'

Now for the new collection.  Remember the post doesn't have to be a recent one and the book doesn't have to have been recently published or read.  The only requirement is that it is about a book that you loved.

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box.

I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance.

Have fun.  I hope you discover some great books to read – I always do!

Here's to another super reading year.



15 comments:

  1. I found this a charming read with a touch of romance. It was a very good read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. combined all of the 60 I read into one for end of Jan 2016. had over 754 read last year.
    Thanks
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this post every month.

    THANKS.

    I also really like how you Pin them. It is tons easier to access.

    Have a great week, Carole.

    Happy Reading!!
    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for hosting this fun party! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read some fantastic books lately, have linked up 4 books read these last few weeks and all of them were brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've given you links to three winners this month. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favourite read in January was Behind Closed Doors by B A Paris. It is only out in the UK on the 11 February but it's so good, I want to tell everyone about it ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have linked up my favourite read from January :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought I had linked up, guess I just thought about it. I'm getting old 😀

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just added my favourite book from January. I didn't blog much that month so will have more to choose from in February.

    Marianne from
    Let's Read

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for mentioning my review of The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg!! I hope you enjoy reading this book as much as I did!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have finally chosen my Book of the Month for February, and I had thought that I left a comment about it, as well! Anyway, thank you so much, Carole, see you next month! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers