Thursday 15 October 2015

St Teresa of Ávila



St Teresa is the patron saint of headache sufferers – luckily I don't have that problem – used to have severe headaches in my twenties – horrible.  October the 15th is her saint's day.

St Teresa was Spanish.  She struggled with the decision whether to marry or become a nun.  Finally she chose the convent because she thought it would protect her from sin.  She ended up setting up her own convent.  She became a saint in 1622 40 years after her death and was made a Doctor of the Church in 1970.

4 comments:

  1. You're Catholic? Heard of the statue here that is getting all the attention at the moment?
    http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2015/10/13/Virgin-Mary-statue-Catholics/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your comment - I'm not a Catholic actually!

      Delete
  2. Well, who knew! I'm Catholic and don't remember this Saint! Maybe I was sick that day! I get migraines OFTEN! So do my daughter and son! UGH...have to look into this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this, Carole. I am Catholic and suffer from migraines all the time. I think I had once heard it but it was a long time before my migraines got so bad.

    Hope everyone has a good weekend,
    Marianne from Let's Read

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers