Saturday 1 August 2015

One Summer in Venice by Nicky Pellegrino



One Summer in Venice by Nicky Pellegrino is one of those books that sneak up on you in the first few pages and then demand to be read.  The author lives in New Zealand which makes her special in my book.  She is British however and is also of Italian extraction which no doubt helps to explain the authenticity she brings to a novel largely set in Venice.

The main protagonist is someone who has set her sights on being successful on all fronts and then finds herself up against it.  She goes to Venice on her own for a few days and ending up staying the whole summer.  And that's all I'm going to tell you about the story.  Read it and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I DO SO want to read this!!! Thank you for the recommendation! I will be going to the library to look for it soon!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers