Tuesday 14 April 2015

Fried Egg Experiment

Carole's Chatter: Fried Egg Experiment


I tried to follow a Martha Stewart method for frying eggs.  It was only partially successful. 

First you separate your eggs.  Then you cook the white only in an egg ring – preferably with a lid on the pan.  I made 2 mistakes in this part – first, I didn't grease the ring – duh!  And secondly I cooked it on too high a heat.  It is hard to control the heat on a gas hob.

When the white is just set you carefully pour the yolk on top.  And finish the cooking of the egg to the degree of doneness of yolk you like.

Carole's Chatter: Fried Egg Experiment


The pic at the top of the post is the best egg – the others were a mess – mostly because I broke the yolks either when separating or when pouring on.  Sigh.

3 comments:

  1. I saw a cool tip on a cookery programme the other day which works surprisingly well - shake your egg before cracking it into the pan. The yolk will stay in the middle of the white. No idea why it works but it seems to !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting experiment! Not sure why she makes it so complicated, though. I simply break the egg into the pan, cook for a minute or so on medium heat, flip gently and remove from heat so it continues to cook, but slowly so the yolk stays runny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, well, I sure am glad you did this experiment, so I don't have to. I am with Les, and will most likely keep doing it the old fashioned way. Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday this week and have a great weekend.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers