Tuesday 31 March 2015

Bacon & Egg Pizza (on flatbread)

Carole's Chatter: Bacon & Egg Pizza (on flatbread)

I must have picked this idea up from somewhere but when I found the fridge had nothing in it except for bacon and eggs and cheese I decided to do a Bacon & Egg Pizza – well not a true pizza because instead of a pizza base I used a Turkish flatbread.

Ingredients:

Flatbread
Garlic Infused Oil (or use fresh garlic)
Tomato sauce/tomato puree
Bacon – cut up into small pieces
3 eggs
Cream cheese
Cheese (mozzarella)
Basil leaves for garnish – any sort of green herb would be good

Method:

Put your flatbread onto baking paper – turn it over and brush the base with garlic infused oil

Turn it back and then brush the base with the tomato sauce.  Sprinkle a little of the cheese on.  Then put on your bacon.  Crack the eggs onto it whole – be careful where you place them – mine tried to run off the pizza.

Finish with some dobs of cream cheese and more mozzarella.


Carole's Chatter: Bacon & Egg Pizza (on flatbread)

This shows what it looked like before going into the oven.

Cook for 15 minutes in a hot oven – until your egg is to desired doneness – I don't like them runny myself.

Serve with a garnish of torn basil leaves.  I took the pic before I remembered the garnish!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks yummy!! I think my hubby will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious!!! I'm definitely going to have to try this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole,
    What a great pizza! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a wonderful week.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to start my day with this pizza!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers