Wednesday 21 January 2015

Nostalgia alert!

You are my sunshine



You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away
The other night dear, as I lay sleepin'
I dreamed, I held you in my arms
When I awoke dear, I was mistaken
So I hung my head and I cry
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away


 I've known this song since forever.  We used to sing this on car trips with my father.  It was a real favourite along with We're Off to See the Wizard.

If you would like to be reminded of this 1939 song head on over to this YouTube clip for a Johnny Cash and June Carter version of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers