Friday 30 January 2015

Food on Friday: Crayfish, Lobster & Crab


ON

This Food on Friday's theme is crustacean – crayfish, lobster and crab.

To add your dishes featuring any or all of crayfish, lobster and crab, just put the name of the dish together with your blog name/name into the first Mr Linky box you will find below.  Then paste the url for your post about it into the second box.

I'll be pinning the links to this Pinboard – this is a quick way for you to scan the dishes and choose which ones you want to check out in more detail.

You will have spotted that there are 2 Mr Linky boxes at the bottom of this post – use the first Food on Friday one for dishes featuring crayfish, lobster and crab. 

There is also a second link up where you can add one dish of your choice that you would like to share – no theme – I've called this Anything Goes.  I'll pin your dishes to a relevant Pinboard too.  The jury's still out on whether you think the second opportunity to link up is a good idea.  Feedback most welcome!

Have some good 'crabby' fun!



17 comments:

  1. Hi, Carole!

    Ma’s recipe for Linguine with Lobster ( # 3 ) is easy - and even easier if you use frozen jumbo prawns.
    The post also has instructions for how to butcher a lobster. Yes, it can be done.

    In addition there’s also a link for the recipe for Lobster Fra Diavolo / Jumbo Shrimp Fra Diavolo - Seafood in Spicy Tomato Sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the fun party Carole!! Have a wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Carole!

    Anna Sultana’s Lava Cakes is a nice easy recipe, with a bit of oomph ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carole, I'm not the person to ask about cooking crayfish, lobster and crab; but I've added a link to the OTHER one! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argh I hit enter too soon so didn't get to finish my descriptive title, which should have been "Crackin' Crab Bricks"! I really enjoyed these and I hope someone else takes inspiration and tries them too. They were easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Carole! This will be a fun topic. I love all kinds of seafood. Looking forward to finding more recipes. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the fun theme, Carole! I shared my California Roll Sandwiches which have crab inside. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very fond of seafood and have shared the recipe for Crab Cakes (on a budget) to recreate my memories of Nova Scotia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carole I haven't any crayfish or lobster recipes, so here's my most visited curry recipe, a Thai one which I love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lobster's too rich for my blood LOL--but I do have something with shrimp & crabmeat :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all seafood. I've added a crab dish, but I do cook crayfish. I always use live critters and put them in the freezer to "go to sleep" for a few hours. Then plunge them straight into boiling salted water while they are still "dreaming". Cook them until done if you just want them boiled or take them out after about 2 minutes, leave until cool enough to handle, take the meat out of the shell and pan fry, grill, bbq, roast etc. Boiling them first for a minute or so helps to slightly set the meat and makes it easier to remove from the shell.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Carole. Thanks for hosting. I adore shellfish and look forward to seeing the recipes from others.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linked up some crab cakes Carole! Thanks!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would choose seafood over meat any day and crab is my most favorite. Thanks for the party, Carole. Good theme!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Carole! I added my favorite Crawfish Pie. The recipe is different enough from Michelle's ahead of me that I thought it would be a good addition.

    ReplyDelete
  16. For Mister Linky I included my favorite cupcakes EVAH!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers