Wednesday 31 December 2014

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell


I got Eleanor & Park out of the library as a result of reading a review on Borough of Books.  On the face of it I wasn't sure it would be for me but I needn't have worried.  The book is unusual for me in that it is about 2 teenagers.

But a big thank you to the reviewer – I absolutely agree this book just grabs your attention and you have to read it as quickly as you can.

Both characters are strongly drawn – and you are simply riveted by Eleanor and how she copes with her dire home situation.

This book may be classified as YA but it deserves to be read outside that genre.  Enjoy it!

PS There is a little non graphic sexual content – none of it gratuitous

3 comments:

  1. Oooo, nice!! I have yet to read anything by Rainbow Rowell, but have several of her novels on my reading wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still need to read this one. thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I normally do not read YA.

    Thanks for your thoughts. I may need to check it out.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers