Sunday 9 November 2014

Orange Tomato Pasta Sauce with Leftover Sausage

Carole's Chatter: Orange Tomato Pasta Sauce with Leftover Sausage

This pasta sauce was inspired by needing to use up some orange juice after a power cut.  So Orange Tomato Pasta Sauce was born.

Ingredients:

Reduced cream (or fresh) – just one or two tablespoonfuls
Can of chopped tomatoes
Tomato paste – a squeeze
Garlic infused olive oil (you could use fresh minced garlic)
Chilli flakes
½ spring onion (scallion)
Pinch of dried oregano
Salt & pepper
½ a courgette (zucchini) diced
Leftover cooked sausage – sliced
Orange juice – about a cup

For garnish: Parmesan and green spring onion tops

Just put all the ingredients except for the oj into a pot and simmer away.  Add your orange juice last.

Serve on your choice of pasta.

4 comments:

  1. I'm curious if you can taste the Orange?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that was a great exotic taste to the usual tomato based sauce. Also, anything with sausage works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very simple and good. I love the way citrus juice really brings a dish together. I was out of town all weekend, so forgive my late visit.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers