Wednesday 25 June 2014

Nostalgia alert!




Downtown by Petula Clark – an international hit in 1964
When you're alone and life is making you lonely
You can always go downtown
When you've got worries, all the noise and the hurry
Seems to help, I know, downtown


Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city
Linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty
How can you lose?
The lights are much brighter there
You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares


So go downtown
Things will be great when you're downtown
No finer place for sure, downtown
Everything's waiting for you


Here is a YouTube clip of it for you

4 comments:

  1. Loved this song, although I was just a kid a Little over my G'girl who juat turned 10! My mother used to be humming it all the time! Thanks for the memory!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly a walk down memory lane! The sixties seem to be back in a lot of ways!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the memories. i remember hearing this when I was quite young.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are reading my mind! I have been thinking of Petula Clark all day, and humming her songs.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers