Tuesday 22 April 2014

Mustard Chicken Salad

 
Mustard Chicken Salad by Carole's Chatter


This is a salad I made using the leftovers of Dijon Chicken Breasts
I started with a large platter and put a bed of shredded lettuce onto it.  As you can see I put a rough circle of thinly sliced zucchini (courgette) around the edge of the platter.  We quite like raw zucchini – do you use it that way too?
To the platter I added, chopped up chicken leftovers, tomato, cucumber, a lobe of a yellow bell pepper (capsicum), some croutons I had roughly chopped a bit, and a small amount of finely chopped shallot.
I sprinkled some scallions (spring onions) over the top as well as some finely chopped chilli for garnish.
The dressing was simple – I just warmed the leftover mustard sauce from the Dijon Chicken Breasts and drizzled it over the salad at the very last minute before serving.


Pin It

6 comments:

  1. You are always so creative with your leftovers! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am absolutely not creative with leftovers, so I really appreciate this. Dijon Chicken Breasts one night, a nice salad the next without having to heat up the kitchen. It's getting to be that time when I need meals that don't require a lot of cooking...too hot! Thanks for sharing, Carole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally hooked on salads right now...I think I'm just over winter! :) Anyways...this looks so yummy!!

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH!!! That salad looks soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great way to use the leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, so yummy! I love this chicken...thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers