Wednesday 29 January 2014

Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy by Helen Fielding


I was prepared to dislike Mad About the Boy purely because of its premise – that Darcy had died and Bridget was a widow.  But Helen Fielding has done it again.  Captured the spirit of the contemporary age.

I found myself giggling helplessly when Bridget is obsessively monitoring how many Twitter followers she has – the parallels with follower numbers of blogs is just too rich to ignore!

But be warned –  the hilarious section which deals with the children getting nits is likely to make your own head itch!


If you liked the original book, I think you will like this one – a lot!  Bridget Jones is back!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I just finished reading this! As a huge fan of the original Bridget Jones, both the book and movie, I felt terribly sad about Darcy in this instalment (she was meant to live happily ever after!) but you're right, Helen has managed to make us fall in love with Bridget all over again.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers