Friday 27 December 2013

Food on Friday: Nuts

ON

We have an excuse to go quite "nutty" today!  Food on Friday is collecting dishes with nuts in them.  Apologies to anyone with nut allergies.

Almonds go well with – apricots, berries, cherries, chicken, chocolate, cream, dried fruit, honey, peaches, quinces, rice, trout and vanilla.

Cashews go well with – almonds, beans, cauliflower, chicken, coconut milk, cracked wheat, fish, pork and rice.

Hazelnuts go well with – almonds, chocolate, cinnamon, duck, oranges, pork and salad leaves.

Peanuts go well with – beef, chicken, chillies, coriander (cilantro), cucumber, pork, snake beans and tamarind.

Pecans go well with – bitter greens, blue cheese, cream, croutons, duck, garlic, goat's cheese, lemon juice, maple syru, molasses and quinces.

Pine nuts go well with – basil, dried currants, garlic, parmesan cheese, pasta, quail, rice, rosemary, salad leaves, silver beet and veal.

Pistachios go well with – almonds, chocolate, dried fruit, ham, honey, rice, sausages, semolina, terrines, watermelons and yoghurt.

Walnuts (not my faves) go well with – apples, bitter greens, blue cheese, celery, chocolate, cream, croutons, dates, duck, figs, garlic, goat's cheese, mussels, pears, potatoes, quinces, salad leaves and verjuice.

To add your contribution to the collection, just put your name and the name of the dish into the first Mr Linky box and then paste the url for your post into the second one.

I'll be pinning the dishes to this Pinboard.  If you pop over to it you will be able to see the collection at a glance and choose which ones you want to visit.

Happy Linking.


33 comments:

  1. I was going to give my almond pound cake, but one ingredient is not available world-wide as I found out from some readers--the almond pastry filling, but these are my FAVORITE cookies and a complete clone of Mrs Fields'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great topic this week...thanks, Carole!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shared my favourite rice pilaf with nuts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carole, please try these peanut cookies. They are so addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoorah for nuts! I added my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Granola with salted peanuts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting this Carole - I love nuts. I shared one of our favorite sandwiches: Olive, Nut & Cheese Sandwich, hope you all enjoy as much as we do. It may not sound like much but the flavors are delicious together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting this - we love nuts. I shared one of our favorite sandwiches: Olive, Nut & Cheese sandwich. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Carole! Hope had a great Christmas time! I shared my Christmas Special Light Fruit Cake! Hope you will like it..!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting Carole~ Hope you had a Merry Christmas and Have a Very Happy New Year~ Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love nuts in food...great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Butterscotch Walnut Brownies Like mother Used To Make these are to die for Carole and the walnuts make them a little healthy ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Carole! Love these recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous topic! Already found a recipe for Boiled Peanuts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carole,
    I'm sharing a soup recipe here because the peanut garnish really makes the dish (all the gals at work agreed). I've also got some sugarless muffins (just the natural sweetness of bananas and dates) and one of my favorite cookies--Hello Dolly bars. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A recipe for walnuts that works equally well with almonds! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Carole, here is my gluten-free, low carb almond pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hazelnuts are one of my favourites and combined with the hazelnut oil dressing they make this couscous salad special.
    Thanks for hosting Carole and a Happy culinary New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm nuts about nuts and now it seems they are better for you than anyone knew.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You deserve that rest, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a ton of recipes involving nuts but have chosen this Nigella Lawson chocolate nut bar recipe. Easy and you can use whatever type of nuts suit you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Had a lot to submit this time! I'm so glad I grew out of hating nuts. Thanks for hosting, Carole :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope you had a very happy Christmas - and here's to a wonderful new year! I brought you all kinds of interesting nuttiness, from roasted meats to baking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I posted a couple of main dishes that feature nuts. I also had to grow out of hating nuts, and I'm glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh goody, so many nut recipes. I posted a few of my own as well. Thanks for hosting this Carole, and the Pinterest link is the best. I love to see how the dishes look, or how they should look?

    ReplyDelete
  25. I adore nuts. I'm loving the look of all of these sweet and savory recipes. Yum. Happy New Year Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I hope I'm not too late to add two links. Nuts are one of my favourite ingredients and I didn't want to miss out!. Thanks for inviting me to join your party Carole. I always enjoy reading the recipes that others contribute. I hope you had an awesome Christmas and that your New Year is full of fizz (in all the best ways).

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fantastic! Thank you for hosting such a fabulous round up of nut recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've posted 3 recipes. Thanks for hosting, Carole and wish you all the best for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've posted three recipes - a cake, a caramel, and a raw dessert. Enjoy, and best wishes for 2014!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  30. I cook with nuts as often as possible. Especially pecans. Love this theme, Carole. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I shared three salads I've made over the past year. While I love nuts, I tend not to cook with them or eat them very often -- think I fell into the whole "nuts are fatty and fat is bad" trap. Trying to add them back in as they are quite healthy.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers