Friday 25 October 2013

Food on Friday: Kiwifruit


ON

While this Food on Friday may not result in a huge collection of dishes using Kiwifruit, it will be good to see what you come up with.  Kiwifruit (or Kiwi's to some of you)  are so yummy – and very good for you too!

Kiwifruit go well with:

Avocados
Coconuts
Cointreau
Coriander (cilantro)
Cream
Ginger
Kirsch
Lemons
Limes
Meringue
Mint
Oranges
Passionfruit
Rum
Strawberries

Kiwifruit also make excellent marinades for meat.

To add a post in that deals with kiwifruit, just put your name and the name of the dish into the first Mr Linky box and then paste the url for your post into the second one.

There are no rules about buttons etc.  I do encourage you to check out the other links.  To make this easier, I will be pinning them to this Pinboard.

Have fun!



Pin It

20 comments:

  1. I added my Kiwi & Rose Cream Triffle! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuuuuuuuuuuuum. Kiwis are my favorite fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiwis are gorgeous - added my recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the only fruit I don't like:( Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love kiwi! My husband's cousin called them peewees when she was little! I have shared a pork chop with kiwi sauce dish! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost forgot that I made something with kiwi! Haven't had one in too long... thanks for the reminder ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually have two kiwi recipes! They are so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for hosting Food Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's not really a recipe, but I've added my dd's favourite way to eat kiwis!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to checking all these recipes Thanks I frequently buy kiwis and get tired eating them and they end up getting composted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've linked up with my post on Mixed Fruits and Nuts Mooncakes. These are festive cakes during the Chinese Mid-Autumn Lantern festival which fell on 19th September this year. Dried kiwi was one of the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there. I have add my kiwi spread that i prepared sometime back :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for dropping by and letting me know about this! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi thanks for the email, just linked up up some kiwi recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh dear. I have put my name instead of the name of the recipe.... (I don't know how to change it.) It's a recipe for kiwi cakes with kiwi cream under the heading 'Louise at Cake and Calico'. Sorry Carole. I am a muppet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning! I added our family's favorite puff pancake with fruit! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea to feature kiwi. I'm always wondering what to do with them. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. perhaps i thought i posted, bit i love Kiwis...with the skin on. I like the citrus flavor they bring. Am i the only one?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Carole! I just added my Widower Maker to the collection, just in time for Halloween, check it out and let me know if you knew this true fact about Kiwi! Hugs, Lizy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers