Sunday 31 March 2013

Crumbed mushrooms


Crumbed mushrooms by Carole's Chatter


These crumbed mushrooms were a complete experiment.  My better half is not that keen on mushrooms so I wanted to find a different way of doing them.  I thought that a bit of crunch might be a good thing.

I was using ordinary little white button mushrooms.  I de-stalked them.

I made an egg mix with some cr̬me fraiche, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper Рwhisked until nice and smooth.

Dip each mushroom into the mix and then roll in panko – Japanese breadcrumbs.

Fry the crumbed mushrooms until golden on both sides.  They were crunchy but still very noticeably mushroomy on the inside.  I will be doing them again – maybe with a little more spice.


Pin It

11 comments:

  1. We actually really love fried mushrooms! I've never cooked them before but enjoy them at certain restaurants. I wonder if it might help to saute the mushrooms ahead of time and then bread them for cooking again? Think you've inspired me to do some experimenting too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea, I may make these for Easter. Have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't they look so cute..and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks and sounds great! I must try these. We LOVE mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do look cute. Who could resist them? I bet even self-professed mushroom haters would give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are very pretty! I'm not much of a fan of mushrooms, either, but that might work for me!

    http://www.joyweesemoll.com/2013/03/30/book-review-salt-sugar-fat-by-michael-moss-part-1/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love mushrooms. they sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES! I want to make these! We had mushrooms stuffed with spinach and cheese for dinner tonight, but these sound SO much better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh sounds and looks so delicious! I love mushrooms no matter how they are prepared, but this looks especially good. I love panko crumbs - such a great crunch.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers