Sunday 21 October 2012

Chorizo pizza



Chorizo pizza

For this Chorizo pizza I used only ½ a chorizo sausage. I prefer pizzas that don't have too thick a topping – so you might want to use more.

I made some pizza sauce by simmering all the ingredients listed for about 40 minutes:


Can chopped Italian tomatoes

Couple of fresh tomatoes, chopped

Tomato paste and ketchup

Chilli sauce and a little hot chilli jam

Worcestershire sauce

Small splash of leftover pinot noir (light red wine)

Garlic to taste (grated in with a microplane)

Salt and pepper

Toppings for chorizo pizza

Using flat bread as a pizza base – straight from the freezer, I spread the cooled pizza sauce on to it, followed by pre-grated Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese (I know it would be better if I grated it myself). Then the toppings – slices of chorizo, slices of red chilli, chopped capsicum (bell pepper) and chopped zucchini.


Chorizo pizza before going in oven

Bake and then after cooked garnish with chopped chives and spring onion (scallion).



20 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! I love my pizza heavy on the veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of good flavors in your pizza, Carole. Looks delicious, I really like chorizo, never had it on pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love making pizza and generally we don't like meat on our pizza as it is so plastic-like but chorizo would be wonderful! Thanks for this great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an easy weekday meal :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently discovered that pizza was invented in Greece???? I always thought it was Italian. Look forward to reading more of your food recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a really easy way to make pizza! We usually go vegetarian for pizza but I admit the chorizo looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE chorizo! I never thought to use it on pizza! I'm definitely going to try this some time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chorizo as a pizza topping sounds so good. Never tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. my neighbor just pulled the last of her peppers off the plant yesterday - what a great pizza. peppers, chorizo, cheese. um, yes please!

    thank you for sharing with us at the Wednesday Fresh Foods Link Up! I hope to see you again with week with more seasonal & fresh/whole food posts :) xo, kristy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks super yummy! I'm a big pizza fan I could seriously eat it everyday!

    Found you threw Thee Networking Blog Hop :)
    Ashley
    Beauty Flawed

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmmmm....looks delicious! I am on a gluten-free/dairy-free diet, and pizza is one of the things I miss the most!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicious! I love fresh veggies on my pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so totally on my list now! thanks for linking with kids in teh kitchen - sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great looking pizza I hope you'll share it today on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Carole,
    What an awesome Pizza, we would really enjoy this flavor combination. Have a fabulous weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmm! I'm boring, I mostly just top my pizzas with cheese, pepperoni, and maybe mushrooms, peppers and onions. This sounds delicious :)

    Thanks for sharing with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party :)

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. My husband likes chorizo on his pizza too. I'm your latest follower. Visiting you from Paula's No Rules blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never thought to use chorizo on pizza--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  20. Chorizo Pizza sounds very interesting and spicy. I bet it was delicious. Thanks for sharing on FFF Linky party

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers