Sunday 7 October 2012

Easy pork spare ribs

Easy pork spare ribs
Pin It

 I didn't want to fuss around too much with this meal.  So I simply marinated some pork spare ribs in some homemade spicy pizza sauce I had left over together with some maple syrup and salt and pepper.


You need to leave it sitting on the bench in the marinade for at least 30 minutes – or put it in the fridge for a few hours.

I put the ribs into a roasting pan and cooked them in a moderate oven for 40 minutes – covered in foil.  Then I took the foil off and fan baked the ribs for half and hour.  I served the ribs with a garnish of chives.  I was very pleasantly surprised at the flavour given it was such a simple marinade.


To continue the simple theme I served the ribs with a simple plate of sliced avocado (with lemon juice squeezed over it) and a little tomato salad.



The ingredients for the salad – all in a small dice were:

Tomato
½ red chilli
2-3 slices of onion
¼ capsicum (bell pepper)
¼ zucchini (raw)
Spring onion (scallion)
3 slices of gherkins
Chives

The dressing was just a mixture of plum vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper.  Easy.



12 comments:

  1. I love ribs...all sorts of ribs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! That looks great--the ribs, avocado and tomato salad. Simple food done right really does make a spectacular meal, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great meal! And all easy and tasty and the colors look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would really like this whole meal, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, I love salads like that. I often like them more than the meat they're supposed be accompanying. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought of combining tomatoes and pickles in a salad, but it's a delicious combination on a submarine sandwich, so why not?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your rib marinade is interesting, I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's nothing better than homemade marinades :) Good idea, adding chives to avocado, I hadn't thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! This looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing on Creative Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look amazing!

    Thanks for sharing at Mealtime Monday!

    Kaylee
    www.couponingncooking.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love using leftovers in a constructive manner :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great meal! The tomato salad sounds amazing! Thanks for linking up to MTM Mondays!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers