Monday 17 September 2012

Medley of Roasted Veggies




For a change, I did a medley of roasted vegetables – which did not include potatoes.  As you can see I roasted cauliflower florets, par-cooked pumpkin bits, and baby carrots with 1 clove of garlic finely chopped and sprinkled over together with pepper and salt and finally a drizzle of olive oil.  It only needed about 30 minutes in a moderate oven.  I pre-cooked the pumpkin just a little in the microwave to made it easier to peel and to match the cooking times of the different vegetables a bit better.



This picture shows what the dish looked like just before going into the oven.




7 comments:

  1. Oooo! Pumpkin bits! I love savory pumpkin! better than sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roasted veggies are one of my favorites!! I will even deal with heating up my kitchen in the middle of TX summers for some roasted veggies! Thanks so much for sharing this at Mom's Test Meal Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great variety of vegetables to roast! Very colourful! I love the pumpkin - I will have to try roasting one sometime as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole,
    We just love Roasted Vegetables, they smell so good as they are coming out of the oven. Your recipe looks great! Hope you are having a fabulous day and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love roasted veggies - it just does something to the flavor! I bet these smell heavenly while they're cooking! Just wanted to thank you for linking up last week and let you know the party is live now! I can't wait to see what you share this week at All my Bloggy Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your site is wonderful Carole. Thanks for sharing your delicious food with us. This medley of roasted vegetables looks delicious. My mouth is watering and it is 6:51am.

    Thanks again,

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers