Sunday 9 September 2012

Pork fillet wrapped in dry cure streaky bacon




The way I did this pork fillet is about as fancy as I ever get.  I was very pleased with the results.

First I trimmed all the fat/sinew off a small pork fillet.



I then put a row of overlapping bacon rashers in the baking tin.  Then I shook pepper on that and put a generous smear of Dijon mustard on the bacon.  



Then I plopped the pork on top of the bacon and then wrapped it up trying to interleave the bacon a little and also cover the ends.  



I didn't tie it up with string so was a bit worried it might unravel while cooking.  My idea with the bacon was that it would help to keep the pork moist as well as tasting good.



But as you can see it survived pretty well.

I did a small and simple tomato and chilli salad to serve with the pork.

And finally some crispy roasted potatoes.  







12 comments:

  1. Great idea Carole! Pork on pork. And mustard is the perfect binder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pork wrapped in pork. Yum! Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this looks AMAZING. I can just imagine the bacon and flavor - sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved to wrap pork tenderloin in bacon. I never thought to smother it in dijon mustard first. I definitely need to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea, easy to follow - thanks for the step by step photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh nice! It makes a great presentation. We make pork tenderloin quite a bit and I never thought to wrap it in bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm...sounds good! I love pork tenderloin, and bacon makes every recipe better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been looking for some new pork dishes, i"m bookmarking this one. The photos are very helpful too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These photos give an easy-to-follow, step-by-step presentation that clearly show the simplicity of the preparation. Just reading the recipe might have made it look more complicated than it is, so I appreciate your taking the time. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband would love this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers