Thursday 5 April 2012

Urban Turban – Wynyard Quarter


Urban Turban, North Wharf, Wynyard Quarter

This is one of a line of new restaurants down in the Wynyard Quarter.  It’s by-line is “Bombay street food” but in fact it is a contemporary retro feel restaurant with Indian food.  I had the bottomless butter chicken which was tasty (but not particularly spicy – I asked for ‘European hot’).  It was bottomless in the sense that they offer unlimited refills – but it was a big enough meal without taking advantage of that offer.  My better half had a lamb curry (Bombay lamb masala) which he said was really good.  Both meals came with naan – and it was the best naan I had ever tasted.  We’ll be going back there.


For a post about the Wynyard Quarter, click here

3 comments:

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers