Wednesday 16 November 2011

Soul Bar


I went again to Soul Bar in the Viaduct Basin recently.  I have always had slightly mixed feelings about it.  On the one hand the setting is spectacular – particularly sitting on the balcony looking out past the floral hanging baskets to the yachts in the Viaduct Basin.  But it is a real ‘trendy’ hangout which isn’t my scene. 

Last time I was there I had a simply spectacular dish – a crayfish ravioli.  This time I wasn’t quite as lucky.  The first entrĂ©e I had was one of their classics – a scampi cocktail.  The scampi was done well but the sauce was overly rich in avocado and the very long stemmed glass it was served in made it quite difficult to eat.  The food was at about my eye level.  The second course I picked was a pasta one – basically a twist on macaroni cheese.  It wasn’t a good choice.  It wasn’t a very pleasant sauce – quite harsh and I didn’t eat that much of it.  Hopefully they won’t have it on the menu for long!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers