Tuesday 13 March 2012

My top 25 (actually 43) favourite tracks of all time in alpha order


No doubt this list of favourite tracks says a lot about me inadvertently!  I started out thinking I would only list 25 but that proved much too hard.  The list does demonstrate how you can get stuck in a time warp with music.  I wish there was an easy way to find great new music – it must be out there surely?

(Everything I do) I do it for you – Bryan Adams
1972 – Josh Rouse
5.01am – Roger Waters
Ain’t No Cure for Love – Leonard Cohen
April Sun in Cuba – Dragon
Big Spender – Peggy Lee
Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen
Boogie Street – Leonard Cohen
Desperado - the Eagles
Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood – The Animals
Forgiveness – Christine McVie
Funeral for a Friend – Elton John
Go Your Own Way – Fleetwood Mac
Hallelujah – Leonard Cohen
Home Again – Carole King
Honky Tonk Women – Rolling Stones
House of the Rising Sun – The Animals
I Got You Babe – Cher
I’ve Never Been to Me – Charlene
It Doesn’t Matter Any More – Buddy Holly
Keep Me In Your Heart – Warren Zevon
Lay Down Sally – Eric Clapton
Love Hurts – Gram Parsons w Emmy Lou Harris
Mustang Sally – The Commitments
Night and Day – Ella Fitzgerald
Nine Million Bicycles – Katie Melua
Northern Lights – Goldenhorse
Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps – Doris Day
Postcards from Paraguay – Mark Knopfler
That Don’t Impress Me Much – Shania Twain
The End of the Innocence – Don Henley
The Gnu Song – Flanders & Swan
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance – Gene Pitney
Those Three Days – Lucinda Williams
Trav’lin Light – Billie Holliday
Under the Boardwalk – the Drifters
Volare – Dean Martin
We Don’t Need Another Hero – Tina Turner
Why Worry – Dire Straits
Willie and Laura Mae Jones – Dusty Springfield
Words – The Bee Gees
Yesterday – The Beatles
You Can Leave Your Hat On – Joe Cocker

It would be great to get suggestions about what other tracks I should consider adding to this list.








5 comments:

  1. Good list - I like the inclusion of the GNU song too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it. Thanks for commenting

      Delete
  2. I love a good chunk of them (even though I wasn't around when these songs were first released). My parents installed the love of older music into me. It doesn't help that the radio at work mostly plays older stuff. :) Great list! Maybe I'll list some of my ultimate favoritess

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be great to see your list. Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the visit. I recognize most of your picks here. There are a few I don't know. I'm a big fan of fleetwood Mac and Carole King. Back in the day, I loved Dusty Springfield too, right along with Marianne Faithful.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers