Tuesday 1 November 2011

Leonard Cohen Live in London



Ok, I admit it, I was never a fan of Leonard Cohen when I was younger.  More an ABBA girl actually I have to admit.  But a colleague recommended this DVD which I watched and thought fantastic.  I then was given the CD and now find myself playing it more often than any other I keep in my car.  So put aside any previous prejudices and give it a go.  In my view he has aged into his voice.  He has a great backing group and is refreshing fulsome in acknowledging them.

Putting to one side the huge iconic tracks like Hallelujah,  other tracks I have become inordinately fond of include Bird on the Wire, Boogie Street and Democracy.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers